With Telzio you can forward calls to any phone number in the world, including cell phones. You can forward calls to the Telzio mobile app on your cell phone, or directly to your cell phone number. The best way to receive calls on your cell phone is to use the mobile app, which keeps your business calls and messages clearly separate from your personal number. You can set the mobile app as the default routing option, along with automatic routing to a cell phone number if there’s no answer on the app. Forwarding calls to a cell phone number can serve as a backup in the case of an internet or power outage when you’re using VoIP.
How to Route Calls to a Cell Phone Number
- Navigate to the Plans and Numbers page on your Telzio Dashboard.
- Click on the phone number where you want to set up the routing.
- Under Inbound Call Destination, select External Phone Number and enter the cell phone number.
- Hit Update to save the settings.
How to Route Unanswered Calls to another Phone Number
Follow these steps to set up backup routing, so unanswered calls on your mobile app get forwarded to your cell phone number.
- Navigate to the Users page on your Telzio Dashboard.
- Click on the User where you want to set up the routing.
- Under Unanswered Calls, select External Phone Number.
- Select the Ring Duration to define the number of seconds you want the call to try the mobile app before moving onto the cell phone number.
- Enter the cell phone number.
- Hit Update Settings.
How to Route Calls to Multiple Phone Numbers
You can forward calls to multiple phone numbers at the same time (so the first person to pick up gets the call), or in sequence (so if there’s no answer on the first number the call moves on to try the next number in the list). You can make this routing list a combination of Users and Phone numbers.
- Navigate to the Call Flows page on your Telzio Dashboard.
- In the Call Flow, add a Forward Call action.
- Under Call Distribution, select Call All to call everyone on the list at once, or Call One-by-One to try the list in order.
- Under Type, choose User to forward calls to the User’s app or IP phone, or choose Phone to enter a phone number.
- Under Time Out, select the amount of time you want the call to ring before moving onto the next person/number on the list.
- Click Add Destination to add more Users and phone numbers to the list.
- Hit Update.
With Call Flows, you can customize routing even more with Phone Menus, Queues, and Business Hours. Learn more about Call Flows.
Diana is the Chief Customer Officer at Telzio and enjoys helping customers get the most out of their Telzio services.