X-lite is a free softphone made by CounterPath. It enables you to make calls from your Telzio number directly from your computer by downloading the X-lite software application. X-lite is the free version with limited features, while Bria is the paid version. This guide will walk you through setting up X-lite for Mac.
How to Set Up X-lite for Mac
After you’ve created a Telzio user, follow these steps to configure X-lite on a Mac.
Install X-lite on your Mac and open the program.
Click on “Preferences > Account settings” and enter following settings:
– User ID: The username for the user account you created under “Users” in Telzio.
– Domain: sip.telzio.com
– Password: The password associated with the user.
– Display name: Your own name.
– Check the “Register with domain and receive calls”.
– Make sure “Send outbound via” is set to “Domain”.
Click on “OK” and close the Preferences window.
Thomas is part of the marketing team at Telzio and develops thought leadership content in the areas of cloud computing and unified communications. With an education in electrical engineering and background in software development, Thomas has a strong technical understanding pertaining to cloud networking technologies, trends, and practices.