By now you may have heard of the multitude of benefits of SMS for business and marketing. There are plenty of case studies out there for you to read on the different SMS marketing strategies, and the statistics (see below) that back up its effectiveness over other forms of marketing, especially email marketing. But more importantly, the popularity of texting is a reality that affects customer service. And good marketing as we know, starts with good customer service.
SMS now has to fit in as part of your business communications platform. Texting is simply preferred by more and more people. Texting is an easy and fast method for customers to communicate with your business whether it’s for appointments, questions or promotions. Similar to the benefits of using a chat box on your website as I wrote about in my last blog post about must-have SaaS communication tools for 2016, it also frees up your labor and enables you to manage customer communications at a higher volume and efficiency level.
Telzio includes SMS service for business with all local phone numbers. Texting can be done directly through the online dashboard as well as on devices – desk phones, smartphones and softphones, and Telzio includes free inbound texting with all plans. With Telzio’s easy configuration setup, you can customize where text messages are sent – to a user, email, or other phone number.
For new customers, getting a business phone number that supports SMS can be done in 4 steps:
1. Create an account – https://telzio.com/signup.
2. Make a deposit on the Account page (Telzio services are prepaid).
3. Choose a local phone number and plan from our list of 50 countries.
4. Set the SMS destination on the Numbers page to a User, Email, or Phone Number.
I leave you with these interesting SMS statistics:
- Text messages have a 98% open rate, while email has only a 20% open rate. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
- Text messaging has a 45% response rate, while email only has a 6% response rate. (Marketing Tech Blog)
- It takes the average person 90 minutes to respond to email, but only 90 seconds to respond to a text message. (Connect Mogul)
- 80% of people are currently using texting for business. (eweek)
- Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages. (Velocify)
- 79% of companies believe customers want SMS/text support. (ICMI)
Jennifer is part of the content marketing team at Telzio, providing insight and tips on how Telzio can be used to optimize business communications and customer service.