With Call Forwarding, Telzio enables you to route incoming calls to the mobile app, IP phones, softphones, and non-Telzio numbers. With Call Forwarding, you can automate inbound call routing and allow employees to use a range of devices to receive calls on your Telzio number. You can configure routing for multiple departments, offices, employees, and devices with different sets of rules, settings, and schedules.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up Call Forwarding with your Telzio service.
Before you get started, here are some important notes:
- Telzio is an internet-based phone service, which means you can take calls from anywhere your device has internet connectivity.
- If you don’t have internet connectivity, your phone system will not be affected, and calls will be routed based on your no-answer rules, such as redirecting to a Voicemail, non-Telzio number, or a variety of other options.
- To enable your employees to answer inbound calls, first you need to create Users for them on your phone system. Learn more about creating Users.
- Telzio support unlimited concurrent calls, which means all your employees can be on a call using a single Telzio phone number without callers experiencing a busy signal. With Telzio, there is no need for rollover lines.
When we talk about Call Forwarding, we use some terminology that you should familiarize yourself with before you get started.
- Call Flow
The arrangement of features and settings used to automate inbound calls.
Features in a Call Flow with instructions on how calls are routed, such as Call Forwarding.
The User, Group, or phone number where you want callers sent.
The amount of time the call will attempt to connect to a Destination before moving onto the next option.
Follow these steps to set up Call Forwarding:
- Navigate to your Call Flows.
- Click on the desired Call Flow to open its settings.
- Click Add Action, and select Forward Call.
- Give the Action a title so you can identify it later in your Call Flow. (Optional)
- Select a Call Distribution style.
Call All – Calls all Destinations in the list at the same time.
Call One-by-One – Calls each Destination one at a time in the order they’re listed.
- Mark the desired Call Settings.
Screen Calls – Announces the name of the Call Flow when you answer, prompting you to press 1 to accept the call, or hang up to decline.
Record Calls – Records all calls routed through this Action.
- Select the Caller ID displayed to your employees.
Show Caller’s Number – Displays the caller’s phone number.
Show My Number – Displays the number the caller has dialed.
- Choose a genre of Hold Music for callers to enjoy while they wait to be connected. (Optional)
Press the play button to preview the music.
- Choose a Hold Message Voice. (Optional)
- Type in a Hold Message to announce to callers before they wait to be connected.
Select a Hold Message Voice type to display this field.
- Click Add Destination.
- Under Type, select the User, Group, Phone Number, or SIP Uri where you want calls to go.
User – Send calls to an employee.
Group – Send calls to a group of employees.
Phone – Send calls to a non-Telzio phone number.
SIP Uri – Send calls to a SIP user on another platform.
- Under Forward To, select the User or Group, or type in the phone number or SIP Uri info.
- Select a Timeout period.
Choosing No Timeout will prevent the call from moving onto the next option, unless the User or Group is not connected to any device.
- Click the X button to remove the Destination, and click Add Destination to add another Destination.
- When you’ve finished adding Destinations, click Update.
Forwarding to Non-Telzio Numbers
You can receive calls on your Telzio number without downloading the app or getting an IP phone by forwarding all calls to a non-Telzio number, such as your mobile or landline number. Forwarding to non-Telzio numbers can be configured as a backup if your employees do not have internet connectivity.
See the example on Forwarding to Field Agents to learn more about setting up backup routing.
It’s important to note that forwarding to non-Telzio numbers counts as both inbound and outbound minutes towards your plan for the duration of the call (inbound minute to the Telzio number + outbound minute to the non-Telzio number).