Telzio Call Queues enable you to automate incoming call overflow by placing callers in a virtual line until the next agent is available. You can create different queues for each department and assign employees to receive calls from one or more queues.
In this article you’ll learn about Call Queues and how you can use them as part of your phone system.
Before you get started, you’ll need to create Users for your phone system in order to add Agents to your Queue. Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
When we talk about Call Queues, we use some terminology that you should familiarize yourself with before you get started.
|Call Flow||The configuration of features used to automate inbound calls.|
|Actions||Features in a Call Flow that dictate how you want calls to be routed.|
|Agent||The employee or User of your phone system.|
|Grace Period||The amount of time until the agent receives the next call. This allows the agent to finish notes and wrapping up the previous call.|
|Call Distribution||The pattern for routing calls to agents.
Adding a Call Queue
Follow these steps to add a Queue to your phone system.
Choose a Call Flow
First you’ll need to pick a Call Flow to start with where you’ll add the Queue.
- Navigate to Call Flows.
Click on the desired Call Flow to open it.
If you are not familiar with how Telzio's call flows work, we recommend looking at this article first: Getting Started with Call Flows.
Add a Queue to The Call Flow
- Click on Add Action to view the available Actions.
- Click on Queue.
Configure Queue Settings
- Type in a Queue Name in the first field provided.
Naming Queues will help you identify them in your Call Flow view, and help your agents identify where calls are coming from.
- Select the desired Call Settings.
Record Calls Records all calls routed through the Queue and stores Recordings in your dashboard. Announce Queue Position Announces the caller’s place in line when they are placed in the Queue. Announce Hold Time to Agent Announces the amount of time the caller has been waiting when the agent picks up. Announce Queue Name to Agent
Announces the Queue Name to the agent when they pick up.
- Select the desired Call Distribution method
Call All Calls all agents in the list simultaneously, and the first to pick up gets the call. Call One-by-One Calls agents one at a time, starting with the agent who hasn’t received a call from the queue the longest.
- Select the desired Hold Music from the drop down list.
Press the play button to preview the music.
- Select the Max Hold Time for callers to wait in the Queue.
When a caller reaches the Max Hold Time, they will be routed to the next Action in the Call Flow.
Add Agents to the Queue
Agents are users in your Telzio account, that will be able to receive calls from the queue.
- Click Add Agent.
- Select an Agent from your users in the drop down list.
- Specify the Grace Period between calls.
- Mark the box under Available to make the Agent active in the Queue.
You can click the X button to remove an Agent from the queue.
Save Your Changes
When you've finished configuring your settings and adding agents to the Queue, click Update.
Activating Agents in the Queue
- You can activate and de-activate Agents from Queues within the Call Flow Action, by marking the box under Available.
- Agents can de-activate and activate themselves from their assigned Queues on their dashboard, and by dialing *1 from their device.
Exiting the Queue
Callers can exit the Queue anytime by pressing 0, which routes them to the next action in the Call Flow.