Telzio Call Queues enable you to automate incoming call overflow by placing callers in a virtual line until the next agent is available. You can create different queues for each department, and assign employees to receive calls from one or more queues.
In this article, you’ll learn about Call Queues and how you can use them as part of your phone system.
Before you get started, you’ll need to create Users for your phone system in order to add Agents to your Queue.
Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
When we talk about Call Queues, we use some terminology that you should familiarize yourself with before you get started.
- Call Flow
The configuration of features used to automate inbound calls.
Features in a Call Flow that dictate how you want calls to be routed.
The employee or User of your phone system.
- Grace Period
The amount of time until the agent receives the next call.
The amount of time a call will attempt to ring an agent before moving onto the next agent.
- Call Distribution
The pattern for routing calls to agents.
- Call All – Calls all agents simultaneously, and the first to pick up gets the call.
- Call One-by-One – Calls agents in sequence, starting with the agent with the longest time since receiving a call.
Adding a Call Queue
Here are steps to help you add a Queue to your phone system.
Choose a Call Flow
First you’ll need to pick a Call Flow to start with where you’ll add the Queue.
- Navigate to Call Flows.
- Click on the desired Call Flow to open it.
Learn more about Getting Started with Call Flows.
Add a Queue
- Click on Add Action to view the available Actions.
- Click on Queue.
Configure Queue Settings
- Type in a Queue Name in the first field provided.
Naming Queues will help you identify them in your Call Flow view, and help your agents identify where calls are coming from.
- Select the desired Call Settings.
Records all calls routed through the Queue and stores Recordings in your dashboard.
Offers callers in the Queue a callback when there are more than 2 callers in the Queue. When the caller reaches the front of the Queue, the call first connects to the agent, then calls back the caller.
Announce Queue Position
Announces the caller’s place in line when they are placed in the Queue.
Announce Hold Time to Agent
Announces the amount of time the caller has been waiting when the agent picks up.
Announce Queue Name to Agent
Announces the Queue Name to the agent when they pick up.
- Select the desired Call Distribution method.
Calls all agents in the list simultaneously, and the first to pick up gets the call.
Calls agents in sequence, starting with the agent with the longest time since receiving a call.
- Select the desired Hold Music from the drop down list.
Press the play button to preview the music.
- Select the Max Hold Time for callers to wait in the Queue.
When a caller reaches the Max Hold Time, they will be routed to the next Action in the Call Flow.
Add Agents to the Queue
- Click Add Agent.
- Select an Agent from your users in the drop down list.
- Specify the Grace Period between calls.
- Specify the Timeout period the Agent has to answer the call.
- Mark the box under Available to make the Agent active in the Queue.
- Click the X button to remove the Agent from the Queue.
Save the Queue
When you’ve finished configuring your settings and adding agents to the Queue, click Update.
Activating Agents in the Queue
- You can activate and de-activate Agents from Queues within the Call Flow Action, by marking the box under Available.
- Agents can de-activate and activate themselves from their assigned Queues on their dashboard, and by dialing *1 from their device.