E911 Emergency Service
E911 emergency calling service is available with your Telzio phone system. You can enable 911 calling on your phone number and register your physical address with emergency dispatch.
Here are important notes about E911 service:
- Calling 911 will not work unless you activate this feature.
- E911 is an optional add-on feature.
- Your location information is not automatically registered with emergency dispatch when you purchase/port your phone numbers.
- We strongly recommend enabling E911 service on all of your phone numbers.
- You can register a different address for each phone number.
- The location information relayed to emergency dispatch will depend on which phone number the call was dialed from.
To enable E911 on your phone number, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Plans & Numbers
- Click on the plan to expand its details
- Click on the phone number
- Click on Enable under E911 Emergency Service
- Confirm your address and phone number
- Click Validate Address
- After a few moments, you'll see a confirmation page.
- To test the 911 service, dial 933.