Mitel 68xxi Series
The Aastra/Mitel 68xxi is a series of business IP phones that you can use with your Telzio phone system. There are several different models in the series, offering many different settings with simple web configuration.
In this article, you’ll learn how to configure phones in the Aastra/Mitel 6863i to use with Telzio, but the same principles apply to other phones in the same series.
- You must have a user before you can configure your phone.
Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
- If you’re using an IP phone that was used with another provider, do a factory reset on the phone before you get started.
Access the Web Interface
Configuration of the phone is best done from your computer using a web browser.
If you have not yet performed a factory reset of your phone, it's highly recommended that you do that before you get started.
Follow the steps below to gain access to the phone's configuration page.
- Press the Settings button on the phone. It has a little gear icon on it.
- Go to "Phone Status" and press Enter.
- Go to "IP & Mac Address" and press Enter.
- Your display will now show your IP address. It may look something like this: 192.168.0.50. Take note of the address.
- Open your favorite web browser and enter the IP address directly into the address field of your browser, then press enter.
- The page will now ask you for a username and password. By default, the username is "admin" and the password is "22222".
Configure the Phone's Line Settings
- From the left-hand menu, select "Line 1".
- Enter the following settings, and leave all other as they are:
Screen Name Your Name. This will show in the phone's display. Phone Number Your Telzio Username. All lowercase. Caller ID Your Telzio Username. All lowercase. Authentication Name Your Telzio Username. All lowercase. Password Your password or SIP token. Case sensitive. Proxy Server sip.telzio.com Registrar Server sip.telzio.com
- Press Save Settings