Cisco SPA100 ATA
The Cisco SPA100-series Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) are designed to allow you to take full advantage of the features and quality of Telzio's VoIP system without having to upgrade your existing telephones. At the time of the writing of this article, there are 2 different models, including the SPA112 and SPA 122. This article is written for the SPA112, but should apply to all models in the series.
You must have a user before you can configure your phone.
Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
If you’re using an ATA that was previously used with another provider, we recommend doing a Factory Reset on the device before you get started.
Before You Begin
Before you begin the installation, you will need the following:
- An active internet service and an active Telzio account
- Ethernet cable to connect to your network
- A phone to connect to your SPA100-series adapter
- A phone cord to connect the phone to the SPA100-series adapter.
Connecting the Adapter
- Connect the ATA to your internet-connected computer, by plugging an ethernet cable into the Internet port at the back of the device.
- Connect the phone to the ATA using a phone cable.
Configuring the Adapter
- Open a web browser on the computer
- In the address bar, enter the IP address of the ATA.
- For the SPA112, use the ATA's IVR or your router's configuration utility to find the IP address. The IVR is accessed by dialing the star key four times from the phone connected to the AT.
- For the SPA122, access the device's internal configuration page by entering 192.168.15.1 into the address bar.
- Login with the default credentials:
- On the Quick Setup menu, configure the following:
Display Name Your full name User ID Your Telzio username Password The password for your Telzio username Server Host sip.telzio.com