Stripe is an integration Telzio offers where you can accept payments by phone, and the funds are deposited directly into your Stripe account. You can automatically route callers to a payment option through your Call Flow, or you can transfer callers to the payment option when you're already on a call with them.
In this article, you'll learn how to integrate pay-by-phone into your Telzio phone system.
Before you can use our Stripe integration to take payments over the phone, you'll need to create a Stripe account.
When we talk about Stripe, we use some terminology that you should familiarize yourself with before you get started.
How to Set up Stripe to Accept Payments by Phone
There are different ways you can incorporate Stripe into your Call Flow. For example, you can:
- Add Stripe as an option in your phone menu (i.e. Press 3 to make a payment), or
- Create a Call Flow exclusively for accepting payments that you can transfer callers to when you're already on the phone with them.
For this article, we'll create a simple Call Flow exclusively for accepting payments where you can transfer callers.
- Navigate to the Call Flows page in your Telzio Dashboard.
- Click on Add Flow to create a new Call Flow.
- Click on Add Action, and select Stripe.
- Fill out the details of your pay-by-phone option.
The Product Name is for your internal reference, and is not shown to or heard by the customer. When the payment transaction is completed, the Product Name will be shown on the email confirmation sent to you.
The Confirmation Email is your internal email where you want payment confirmation to be sent.
Selecting 'Let caller enter amount' will prompt the caller to enter the dollar amount that they want to pay on their dialpad.
Selecting 'Fixed amount' allows you to enter a specified amount for the caller to pay.
Marking 'Ask for Account Number' and 'Ask for Invoice Number' will prompt the caller to enter the account/invoice number using their dialpad, which will appear on the email confirmation for your reference.
Marking 'Send SMS Confirmation' will send an automated text message to the caller with payment confirmation.
- Once you're done filling out the payment option details, click Update and you'll see two more Actions in the Call Flow.
- You can add Actions depending on if the payment transaction was successful or if it was declined. These two Actions are optional. If you decide to leave them blank, the call will end after the transaction. You can add any Action here.
For our example, we'll add an Announcement following a successful transaction, with a message that their payment was accepted. Following the Announcement, we'll Transfer the caller to our main line.
If the transaction is declined, we'll add another Announcement with a different recording, and then route them back to the beginning to try the payment again.
Using the Transfer Action, you can route callers to any User, Group, or Call Flow.
- Finally, you'll want to give your Call Flow an extension. You can transfer callers to this extension to allow them to make payments over the phone.
Click on Settings to enter a Name for the Call Flow and a Call Flow Extension.