On December 17, 2019, the FCC is launching a toll free number auction for the bidding and sale of new toll free numbers. The sealed-bid auction will include over 17,000 phone numbers from the latest toll free code - 833. Now is your chance to secure the ideal toll free vanity number for your company or campaign.
This is the first and may be the last auction ever. The FCC is running the auction as an experiment to analyze the most efficient way to assign toll free numbers. This is the only time a batch of new toll free numbers has ever been made available for competitive bidding to the general public.
From now until October 16th, you can submit bids for the toll free number auction through Telzio. Premium toll free numbers can be re-sold for over $1 million once they hit the market, and are valuable assets to your business.
This is the perfect time to lock down the ideal vanity number for your business before it is released to the public.
Here are the details of the auction.
Numbers Available: 17,639
Submission Deadline: October 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM PST
Auction Date: December 17, 2019
Minimum Bid: $100
A Glance at Available Numbers
Here are just some of the toll free numbers that you can bid on out of the 17,639 on auction:
How the Auction Works
This is a vickrey single round blind bid auction.
- You submit your bid once.
- You cannot see other bids.
- Winner pays second bid price.
i.e. If you bid $500 and the runner up bids $100, then you only pay $100.
- Winners will be notified on December 18th.
- You cannot bid on the same number through multiple service providers.
- Reselling and warehousing of auctioned numbers is allowed.
- Bids must be paid in full by the submission deadline - October 16th, 2019 at 6:00PM PST.
How to Submit a Bid
- Bids can be submitted by completing this Auction Order Form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a complete order form is received, Telzio will send you a payment order within 48 hours.
- Payment orders must be paid in full no later than October 16th. Payments processed after October 16th will be returned, and bids will not be submitted. Please allow sufficient time for payment processing.
- Losing bids will be refunded by November 17th, 2019.
Bids & Fees
- Minimum Bid: $100
- Bidding Fee: $10 per number (Nonrefundable)
- Winning Commission: 5% of bid (Refunded on losing bids)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Related: 10 FAQs about Vanity Numbers
Diana is the Chief Customer Officer at Telzio and enjoys helping customers get the most out of their Telzio services.