Call Parking is a Telzio feature that enables you to place a call on hold and continue the conversation from a different phone.
How Does Call Parking Work?
The way call parking is accomplished is by transferring the call to a designed call parking extension, and then retrieving the call by dialing into the parked extension.
- Transfer the call to the designed parking extension
- Hang up the phone
- Go to the other phone or inform the other person there's a call waiting for them
- Dial into the designed parking extension to continue the call
When to Use Call Parking
Call Parking is especially useful in facilities and spaces where people are not always at a desk, or if you need to take the call from a different phone.
If you’re simply looking to continue a conversation on one of your other devices, you can use the call flip feature. Call flip is used when you want to switch from your desk phone to the mobile app or vice versa without hanging up the call. To flip an active call, transfer the call to your own extension.
Unlike call transferring when you transfer a call directly to someone’s extension, call parking places the caller on hold in a designated parking extension, and allows you or another person to retrieve the call from any phone in the organization.
How to Use Call Parking
parking extension 40
Below are details on how to park calls using our out-of-the-box parking extension.
Call Parking with No Configuration
To start parking calls instantly without any additional setup, you can transfer calls to extension 40. Before hanging up, listen for the automated prompt to tell you where the call is parked. If there are multiple calls parked, the extension may be 42, or 43.
Let’s say you answer an incoming call for someone who is in a different building altogether, and they are out on the warehouse floor. With Telzio, you can use call parking across locations. Here’s how you would park a call that they can retrieve:
- While on an active call, press Transfer + 40 + Transfer
- Listen for the announcement with the designed parking extension
- Page the employee over the intercom system to let them know they have a parked call waiting for them on the designated extension
- The employee can then pick up any Telzio phone and dial the extension to connect to the parked call
Designated Call Parking Extensions
If your company uses Call Parking regularly, you can configure the multi-purpose keys on your VoIP phones as designated call parking extensions. When a parking extension is being used, the multi-purpose key will show as busy. You can designate as many multi-purpose keys as parking extensions as needed for your company.
Try call parking and dozens of other included features with a free 30-day trial.