Call Monitoring enables managers to provide training on customer service calls. Call Monitoring includes three different modes including listen, whisper, and barge. Telzio provides Call Monitoring features as part of your service at no extra cost.
In this article, you’ll learn how to activate the Call Monitoring feature for Users and how to listen in on calls, whisper on calls, and barge into calls.
Enable Call Monitoring
In order for a manager to monitor calls, you will need to add it to their User Permissions.
- Navigate to the Users page from your Telzio Dashboard
- Select the User you want to give Call Monitoring capabilities
- Under Permissions, select Call Monitoring
How to Monitor Calls
To start monitoring an active call, dial 000 + the extension of the agent you wish to monitor.
From here you have three modes:
- Listen - no one on the call can hear you
- Whisper - only the agent can hear you
- Barge - both customer and agent can hear you
Once your call is connected, you'll automatically be in listen mode.
Use your keypad to toggle between the different call monitoring modes:
- Press 4 to Listen
- Press 5 to Whisper
- Press 6 to Barge
You can switch between the different modes by pressing the corresponding key at any time during the call.