Forwarding calls from your business number to your cell phone can help you avoid missed calls when you’re not at your desk. Telzio offers several flexible options for routing work calls to mobile devices.
The best way to forward business calls to your cell phone is via the Telzio Mobile App.
The Telzio Mobile App enables you to:
- Make and receive work calls from your cell phone, separate from your personal line.
- Keep all calls and messages integrated between your mobile phones and desktop phones.
- Route calls to both your deskphone and your mobile phone.
- Set automatic call routing to other users and numbers if you don’t answer.
- Switch between your mobile phone and your deskphone during an active call.
- Save on buying desktop phones for new employees.
- Manage remote customer service agents on your main phone system.
- Keep your business phone numbers up and running in case of an outage.
What is Call Forwarding?
Forwarding a call means that when someone calls your phone number, the call is immediately directed to a pre-set destination. That destination can be another phone number, a deskphone, or a softphone (such as the Telzio Mobile App).
Telzio’s web interface makes it easy to set up call forwarding.
With a Telzio phone number, you can route calls to:
- Other phone numbers
- The Telzio Mobile App
- IP phones
- SIP users
You can design your Telzio phone system to do what you want. You can forward incoming calls to both your deskphone and your mobile phone at the same time, or in order. This way, if you don’t answer on your desk phone, then it rings your mobile phone. This feature is sometimes called Find Me/Follow Me.
You can also forward calls to multiple people at the same time, or in order. This is good for customer service lines and sales teams. This feature is called Hunt Groups.
How to Forward Calls to Your Cell Phone
It’s easy to route calls on your business phone number to your mobile device. Start by downloading the Telzio Mobile App, and logging in with your Telzio User. If you don’t have a Telzio User yet, you can sign up for a free trial.
Follow these steps to route calls to your mobile device:
- Log into Telzio.
- Navigate to the phone number you want to edit.
- Under Inbound Call, select User.
- Select your User from the drop down menu, and update.
You can also set how long you want the call to ring before it goes to voicemail, along with your individual hold music and greeting.
Related: 30 Business Voicemail Greeting Examples and Tips to Create Your Own
How to Forward Calls to Another Phone Number
You can forward calls on your business number to another phone number, such as a cell phone, landline, or another VoIP number. This will come in handy if for example, you want to forward calls to an answering service, or if you know you won’t have internet/data connection and want to forward calls to your cellular line.
Follow these steps to forward your calls to another phone number:
- Log into Telzio.
- Navigate to the phone number you want to edit, and under Inbound Call select External Phone Number.
- Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded, and update.
Let’s explore how you can customize your call forwarding setup even more.
Related: How to Forward Calls to Multiple Phones
Customize Call Forwarding
Telzio enables you to further customize your phone settings with business calling features including:
Business Caller ID -
Custom Hold Music -
Call Recording -
Related: How to Set Up a Phone Menu
Scale from Small to Big
Call forwarding options with Telzio are endless, and affordable. Since everything is cloud-based, you can easily scale your business line into a professional phone system.
There’s no limit to the number of phone numbers or users you can forward calls to at the same time. There’s no limit to the number of employees you can have making calls on the app at the same time. There’s not even a limit to the number of users you can add (at no extra cost).
When it comes to managing your business phone number, the only limit is your imagination (not your budget!)
Learn more about the leading business phone service from Telzio.