Cisco SPA100 ATA setup guide
How to configure Cisco SPA100-series Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) with Telzio.
The Cisco SPA100-series Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) enables you to use Telzio without having to upgrade your existing telephones. This article pertains to the Cisco SPA112, and should apply to all models in the series.
If you’re using an ATA that was previously used with another provider, you should start with a factory reset of the device.
What you'll need
- An active internet service and an active Telzio account
- Ethernet cable to connect to your network
- A phone to connect to your SPA100-series adapter
- A phone cord to connect the phone to the SPA100-series adapter
Connect the adapter
- Connect the ATA to your internet-connected computer, by plugging an ethernet cable into the internet port at the back of the device
- Connect the phone to the ATA using a phone cable
Configure the adapter
Open a web browser on the computer
In the address bar, enter the IP address of the ATA
- For the SPA112, use the ATA's IVR or your router's configuration utility to find the IP address. The IVR is accessed by dialing the star key four times from the phone connected to the AT.
- For the SPA122, access the device's internal configuration page by entering 192.168.15.1 into the address bar.
Login with the default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
In the Quick Setup menu, configure the following:
- Display Name - Your full name
- User ID - Your Telzio username
- Password - The password for your Telzio username
- Server Host - sip.telzio.com