Yealink T4 Series Setup Guide
How to configure Yealink T4 IP phones with Telzio.
This guide pertains to phones in the Yealink T4 series, including the SIP-T40P, SIP-T41P, SIP-T42G, SIP-T46G, SIP-T48G, SIP-T40G, SIP-T41S, SIP-T42S, SIP-T46S, SIP-48S, and SIP VP-T49G.
Steps to provision Yealink T4 phones with Telzio:
- Log into the phone's web interface
- Configure the phone with your username
- Assign BLF keys (Optional)
Log into the phone’s web interface
- Find the IP address of the phone by pressing the Select button located in between the arrow buttons
- Type the IP address into your web browser's address field and press Enter
- Login with the default username and password:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Configure the phone with your username
After you log in, you will see the phone’s status page. This shows all accounts configured on the phone and other useful data.
From the green top-menu, press Account
Enter the following settings:
Line Active: Enabled
Label: Enter the name you want displayed on the phone
Display Name: Your Name
Register Name: Your Username (all lowercase)
Username: Your Username (all lowercase)
Password: Your Password (case sensitive)
SIP Server 1
Server Host: sip.telzio.com
Leave the rest of the settings as they are by default.
Press Confirm and the phone is ready for calling
Assign BLF keys
BLF keys allow you to utilize the line keys on your phone for quickly dialing other users in your company, see who is available or on a call and even pick up calls for your co-workers.
BLF key indicators
- A green key light indicates that a user is available
- A red key light indicates that a user is currently talking
- A blinking red light indicates that a user’s phone is currently ringing
- A turned off key light indicates that a user is not logged in
- From the green top-menu, select “DssKey“.
- Select which key you want to configure. Your phone may have multiple pages, and you can select a different page of keys from the left-hand menu (For example Line Key 8-14).
BLF key settings
- Type: BLF
- Value: Username of the user you want to display info for
- Label: The text you want to show in your phone’s display next to the key
You can configure the Yealink T4 to work with your Telzio voicemail.
- From the green top-menu, select Account
- From the gray side-menu, select Advanced
- Enter the following settings:
- Subscribe for MWI: Enabled
- Voice Mail: *98