Grandstream HT8xx setup guide
How to configure the HT800 series of Grandstream ATA devices with Telzio.
The Grandstream HT Series Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) enable you to use your analog phones or fax machines with Telzio.
This article pertains to the HT801 model, but should apply to all models in the series including the HT801, HT802, HT812, HT813, HT814, and HT818.
If you’re using an ATA that was previously used with another provider, you should start with a factory reset of the device.
What you'll need
- An active internet service and an active Telzio account
- Ethernet cable to connect to your network
- A phone to connect to your HT800-series ATA
- A phone cord to connect the phone to the HT800-series ATA
Connect the adapter
- Connect the HT800-series ATA to an available ethernet port by plugging an ethernet cable into the internet port at the back of the device
- Connect the phone to the HT800-series ATA using a phone cable
Configure the adapter
- Open a web browser on your computer
- In the address bar, enter the IP address of the HT800-series ATA.
- To find the IP address of the HT800-series ATA you will need to dial *** (3 Asterisks).
- When prompted to enter a menu option, dial 02 (Zero Two) and then the IP address will be read to you.
- Login into the HT800-series ATA with the default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Go to the Basic Settings
- Set Reset Type to Full Reset
- Click on Reset and allow 30 seconds to pass before attempting to log into your HT800-series ATA again
- Go to the FXS Port menu from the top-navigation and configure the following:
- Account Active: Yes
- Primary SIP Server: sip.telzio.com
- Prefer Primary SIP Server: Yest
- SIP User ID: Enter your Telzio username
- Authenticate ID: Enter your Telzio username
- Authenticate Password: Enter your Telzio password (or enter a SIP token if you generated one)
- Scroll all the way down and select Apply
- Confirm if your changes were correct as the Status should show your User ID as Registered, then place a test call/fax.