Cisco 8800 Series
The Cisco 8800 Series is a series of business IP phones that you can use with your Telzio phone system. There are currently 8 different models in the 8800 series, offering up to 16 lines and simple web-based configuration.
In this article, you'll learn how to configure phones in the Cisco 8800 series to use with Telzio.
- You must have a user before you can configure your phone.
Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
- If you’re using an IP phone that was used with another provider, do a factory reset on the phone before you get started.
- This guide pertains to specific phones in the Cisco 8800 Conference series, including the .
Setup a Cisco 8800 Conference Series IP Phone
Log into the phone’s web interface
- Press the phone's "Settings" button, then "Status", then "Network Status". This will show the phone's IP address, which could look something like this: 192.168.0.150.
Update the phone settings
- Click on the Admin Login link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on Phone.
- Under Line Key 1, Line Key 2, and Line Key 3, change the Extension value to 1.
Configure your User with the phone
Click on Ext 1 and enter the following settings:
- NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
- NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
- SIP Port: 5060
- Proxy: sip.telzio.com
- Register: Yes
- Register Expires: 3600
- Make call without reg.: No
- Ans call without reg.: No
- Display Name: Your Name
- User ID: The username for the User
- Password: The password for the User
- Use auth ID: No
- Preferred Codec: G711u
- Use preferred codec only: Yes
Set the SIP settings
- Click on the Advanced link in the upper right corner of the page
- Click on SIP
- Under RTP Parameters, set RTP Packet Size to 0.020
Click on Submit all changes.
Your phone will restart, and then you’re ready for calling.