X-Lite is a free softphone that enables you to make and receive calls with your Telzio service on your computer. Telzio enables you to use third-party softphones with your service. Telzio works with all SIP compatible softphones, including X-Lite by Counterpath.
In this article, you’ll learn how to configure X-Lite for Windows to use with your Telzio service.
Before you get started, here are a couple important things to note:
- You’ll need to create a Telzio User to configure with your softphone.
Learn more about creating users.
- Telzio is an internet-based phone service, which means you can make calls from anywhere you have internet connectivity.
Follow these steps to configure X-Lite with your Telzio service:
- Download the latest version of X-lite for Windows.
- Install X-Lite on your Windows computer and open the program.
- Navigate to Softphone – Account Settings, and enter the following settings:
User ID Enter the username for your Telzio User Authorization Name Enter your username again Domain sip.telzio.com Password Enter the password for your Telzio User Display Name Enter your name Send outbound via Domain
- Mark the box for Register with domain and receive calls.
- Click OK and close the Preferences window.
- You’re now ready to start calling with your softphone.