The Cisco SPA is a series of IP phones that you can use with your Telzio phone system.
In this article, you’ll learn how to configure a Cisco SPA phone to use with your Telzio service.
Before you get started, here are a few important notes:
- You’ll need to create a User on your Telzio account to configure with your phone.
Learn about creating Users.
- If you have previously used the phone with a different carrier, you should do a factory reset on the phone first.
- You can order preconfigured phones from our shop that arrive ready for calling.
- Telzio can only provide limited support on phones that are not purchased directly from our shop.
Follow these steps to configure your phone with Telzio:
Log into the phone’s web interface
- On the phone, press Settings, then 9 to find the phone’s IP address.
- Type the IP address into your web browser to get to the phone’s configuration page.
Update the phone settings
- Click on the Admin Login link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on Phone.
- Under Line Key 1, Line Key 2, and Line Key 3, change the Extension value to 1.
Configure your User with the phone
Click on Ext 1 and enter the following settings:
- NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
- NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
- SIP Port: 5060
- Proxy: sip.telzio.com
- Register: Yes
- Register Expires: 3600
- Make call without reg.: No
- Ans call without reg.: No
- Display Name: Your Name
- User ID: The username for the User
- Password: The password for the User
- Use auth ID: No
- Preferred Codec: G711u
- Use preferred codec only: Yes
Set the SIP settings
- Click on the Advanced link in the upper right corner of the page
- Click on SIP
- Under RTP Parameters, set RTP Packet Size to 0.020
Click on Submit all changes.
Your phone will restart, and then you’re ready for calling.