Grandstream Auto Provisioning
About Auto Provisioning
Telzio's auto-provisioning service allows IT administrators to automatically configure IP phones without ever touching them physically, making phone system management a breeze, even when administrating hundreds or even thousands of devices.
Please note: Telzio's auto-provisioning feature is currently in beta stage. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to gain access to this feature.
How It Works
The first time you connect a Grandstream IP phone to the internet, it will attempt to contact Grandstreams auto-provisioning service to find out if they have any provisioning details available.
If the phone has been registered with Grandstream and associated with Telzio's VoIP service (more about that later), the phone will automatically receive information about how to connect to Telzio's auto-provisioning service and attempt to pull a configuration profile.
When connecting to Telzio's auto-provisioning service, it will provide a set of credentials which were automatically created when the device was initially added on the Telzio dashboard, and Telzio will then provide settings for the phone.
Any time the phone reboots in the future, it will automatically contact Telzio's service to receive a fresh configuration, until the phone is factory reset.
Enabling Auto Provisioning
Follow the steps below to enable auto-provisioning for your Grandstream phone.
Important: This feature requires that you are logged in as an Account Owner, Administrator or a user with permission to manage devices.
- Log in to your Telzio account and navigate to "Devices".
- Press the "New Device" button in the top right corner of the page.
- Give your device a meaningful name and enter it's unique MAC address. The MAC address can be found on a label on the back of the phone, and is unique to each device.
- Select "Grandstream" as the device brand and select the appropriate model for your phone. Please see the matrix below for information about supported models.
- Finally, select which user you want to configure for the phone and optionally a device group.
- Press "Add Device".
- Telzio will now attempt to add the phone to Grandstream's auto provisioning service. If this is successful, you can now reboot the phone and it should receive a fresh configuration automatically.
If the phone has been used before, now is also a good time to perform a factory reset of the phone.
Supported Grandstream Models
This matrix shows the models currently supported and tested for Telzio's auto-provisioning service. Other models may work as well, but we will not be adding them to this list until they have undergone thoroughly testing.
|Model||Basic Settings||Time Zones||Softkeys||BLF||Transfer||Speed Dial||Paging||Intercom|