Grandstream GXP16xx Setup Guide
The Grandstream GXP16xx series are desktop IP phones you can use with Telzio.
In this article, you'll leard how to configure your GXP16xx phone for use with Telzio.
- You must have a user before you can configure your phone.
Learn more about Getting Started With Users
- If you are using an IP Phone that was configured with another provider, do a factory reset on the device before you get started.
- This guide pertains to the all the phones in the Grandstream GXP16xx series, including the GXP1630, GXP1620, and GXP1625.
How to Set Up a Grandstream GXP16xx IP Phone
Log Into the Phone's Web Interface
- Press the center button on the phone's directional pad
- Use the down arrow on the directional pad to scroll down to Status and press the center button
- Press the center button again while Network Status is highlighted. This will show you the phone's IPv4 address, which will look something like this: 192.168.0.215
- Type the IP address into your browser and hit Enter.
- Login with the following username and password:
Configure the phone with your username
After you log in, you will see the phone's status page. This shows all accounts configured on the phone and other useful data.
- From the white menu bar near the top, scroll to Accounts and click Account 1, then click General Settings
- Enter the following settings:
Account Active: Yes Account Name: Name you want displayed on the phone SIP Server: sip.telzio.com SIP User ID: Your Username (all lowercase) Authenticate ID: Your Username (all lowercase) Authenticate Password: Your password (case sensitive) Name: Name which will appear when you call out
- Click Save and Apply
The phone is now ready to make and receive calls.