Telzio enables you to automate inbound call routing by business hours and schedules. With Opening Hours, you can create different routing instructions to filter calls based on time and day, and layer multiple Opening Hours to accommodate different schedules.
In this article, you’ll learn how to configure Opening Hours for your Telzio phone system.
When we talk about Opening Hours, we use some terminology that you should familiarize yourself with before you get started.
- Call Flow
The configuration of features used to automate inbound calls.
Learn more about getting started with Call Flows.
Features in a Call Flow that dictate how you want calls to be routed, such as Opening Hours.
Follow these steps to add Opening Hours to your phone system:
- Navigate to your Call Flows.
- Click on the desired Call Flow to open its settings.
- Click Add Action, and select Opening Hours.
- Give your Opening Hours a name to help you identify it later in your Call Flow. (Optional)
- Select your Time Zone from the drop down list.
- Mark the days your business is open, and select the time you open and the time you close.
- Click Update, and you’ll be taken back to the Call Flow view where you’ll see two routes created – one for when you’re open, and one for when you’re closed.
- Configure the rest of your Call Flow with the desired Actions.
- Set the Call Flow as the inbound call destination for your phone number.
- Start accepting calls!