Yealink Auto Provisioning Guide
Auto Provisioning Yealink IP Phones
Auto provisioning allows for remote configuration of IP phones so you can manage all your devices from your Telzio dashboard without every touching them physically.
Please note: Telzio's auto-provisioning feature is currently in beta stage. Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to gain access to this feature.
How Auto Provisioning Works with Yealink
When a brand new or a factory reset phone connects to the internet, it will try to contact Yealink's provisioning service and request information about where to receive provisioning data. It will provide it's MAC address along with a seucrity certificate issued by Yealink specifically for this device.
Yealink will then veirfy the phone's unique MAC address and certificate and look to see if they have any provisioning details available for it.
When you add the device to your Telzio account, we notify Yealink that this phone is associated with Telzio and that any incoming provisioning requests should be redirected to Telzio. We also issue a unique certificate and encrypted keys for the phone, so every time it boots in the future, it will contact Telzio directly to receive configuration updates.
How to Auto Provision Yealink IP Phones
Follow the steps below to enable Auto Provisioning for your IP phone with Telzio.
- From your Telzio dashboard navigate to "Devices". You need to be logged in as the Account Owner, Administrator or a user with permissions to manage devices.
- From the top right corner of the page, press "New Device".
- Give your device a recognizable name and enter it's MAC address. You can find this on the box or on the back of the phone.
Also select Yealink as brand and the model of the phone, and choose which user you want to configure onto the phone and if the phone should be part of a device group.
Device groups allows you to apply the same settings to multiple devices. Any setting you make for a device group will be inherited by the phones in the group. You can of course also overwrite settings on a per-phone basis. It is not required to place a phone in a group.
- Press "Add Device".
- Telzio will now attempt to register the phone with Yealink. The next page will show if this was successful.
If we are not able to register the phone directly with Yealink - for example if the phone is already registered by a different provider - you will see this on the page along with instructions on how to manually configure the phone for auto-provisioning.
- If your phone has been used before and you haven't already performed a factory reset, now is a good time to do so.
- Now, all you have to do is restart the phone and the phone is ready for use.
Supported Yealink Models
The matrix below shows which Yealink phone models are currently supported by Telzio's Auto Provisioning service. For info about other brands, please see this article. Other models may work with this service but have not yet been extensively tested by Telzio's technical staff.
|Model||Basic Settings||Time Zones||Softkeys||BLF||Transfer||Speed Dial||Paging||Intercom|