Yealink DECT Phones
The Yealink DECT phones are a series of business IP phones that you can use with your Telzio phone system. At the time of the writing of this article, there are 5 different models, including the W41P, W60P, W56P, W53P and the W52P. This article is written for the W60P, but should apply to all models in the series.
You must have a user before you can configure your phone.
Learn more about Getting Started with Users.
If you’re using an IP phone that was previously used with another provider, we recommend doing a Factory Reset on the phone before you get started.
Connecting the Base Station and Handset
- Connect the Base Station to your internet connection, by plugging an ethernet cable into the Internet port at the bottom of the device.
If your network provides PoE (Power over Ethernet), the device will automatically turn on - if not, you need to also plug in the power supply.
- Insert the battery into the handset, and power it on by pressing and holding the red hang-up button.
- The handset will automatically pair with the base station, and you will see "Handset 1" in the display.
If the handset does NOT automatically pair with the base station, you can use the following instructions:
- Press the OK softkey on the handset, and then select Register Handset
- Select the desired base station and then press the OK softkey. The handset begins searching for the base station.
- Press the OK soft key after searching for a base station successfully.
- Enter the base station PIN (default: 0000), and then press the Done key to complete registration.
Configure the Base Station
- On the handset, press the "OK" button, then select "Status" and then "Base". This will show the base station's IP address (IPv4). Take note of this.
- Open your web browser and enter the IP address in the address field, then press Enter. This will bring up the base station's configuration page.
By default, the use the following credentials to log in:
- Click on "Account" in the top-menu, and set the following:
Line Active Enabled Label Your full name Display Name Your full name Register Name Your Telzio username Username Your Telzio username Password The password for your Telzio username Server Host sip.telzio.com
- Press "Confirm"
- From the left-hand menu, select "Advanced", then set the following:
Subscribe for MWI Enabled
- Press "Confirm".
Add Multiple Handsets
The W60B base-station can handle up to 8 handsets. You can choose to let all handsets use the same Telzio username, or install individual ones on each device.
To add different users to the base station, click on "Account" in the top-menu, and from the top of the page, choose which account profile to edit by changing the "Account" drop-down menu. Then repeat steps 3 to 6 in the section "Configure the Base Station".
To select which user is configured on each handset, select "Account" from the top-menu. Then select "Number Assignment" from the left-hand menu. Use the matrix to assign users to each handset.